My teaching method will be mainly based on online sharing and discussion. The theory lesson will be related to the available examples and the real-life experience I have had gone through. My targeted students are those from SPM and STPM (or equivalent) leavers, diploma, foundation, and primary degree who are interested in knowing more and actively discussing the knowledge and current topics in the field. Despite the heavy loads of assignment in school/college/university, the one-way delivery of knowledge would not be applicable and discussion on opinions is preferred. Such discussion enables critical thinking and the curiosity will lead to better comprehension of the subject.
I graduated from the Biochemistry programme with a first-class result. I am currently pursuing my doctoral studies in the field of Molecular Biotechnology. I have the experience of conducting laboratory work while completing my bachelor dissertation in UPM and internship at the Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IMCB), A*STAR, Singapore. Despite the major of biochemistry, my field of study extends to molecular biology, microbiology, structural biology, and biotechnology.
Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Selangor, Malaysia (August 2016 – August 2020)
• Bachelor of Science (Hons.) Biochemistry
• First class honors (CGPA: 3.961)
Kluang High School, Johor, Malaysia (May 2014 – December 2015)
• Higher School Certificate (STPM; GCE A level)
• Major in Biology and Chemistry
• CGPA 4.00; Malaysian University English Test (MUET) Band 5
Research Assistant, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IMCB), Singapore.
February 2020 – May 2020
• Successfully optimized the ELISA peptidoglycan quantification method conditions of hyphal induction
• Assisted in performing molecular cloning and transformation of bacterial PGN acetyltransferase gene
• Investigated the antibiotics treatment effects on PGN production in several commensal bacterial strains
• Perform genome mining of genes in inducing or repressing PGN production using transposon library
• Participated actively in weekly literature meeting by presenting literature of particular research fields
Final Year Project
Undergraduate Research Assistant, Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences.
January 2019 – January 2020
• Successfully optimized the expression of recombinant bacterial SR74 α-amylase expressed in Meyerozyma guilliermondii strain SO through time-course study
• Purified SR74 α-amylase with ~24% yield and 2.21-fold purification using affinity chromatography
• Predicted in silico the 3D structure of α-amylase using bioinformatic pipeline to comprehensively analyze its structural properties
• Primer designs, molecular cloning, transformation and plasmid extraction
• Colony and diagnostic PCR and agarose gel electrophoresis
• Intracellular and extracellular protein expression from bacteria and yeast
• Protein purification, concentration, characterization and homogeneity test (SDS-PAGE)
• In vitro biochemical assays (DNS, ELISA, hyphal induction)
• Bioinformatics tool (BLAST, UNIPROT, ExPASy, Clustal Omega, MEGA)
• In silico protein 3D structure prediction (SWISS-MODEL, Phyre2, YASARA, PyMOL)
• Molecular docking (Autodock Vina)
• Biostatistics (IBM-SPSS)
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking microbiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||RM35|