I focus on understanding. I feel like you must teach a subject slowly and with plenty of examples so that the student is about to understand the subject in the best capacity. Typically, I would ask students to repeat or replicate the example that I have provided on my machine.
I am a GIS Technician with a degree in GIS and English Literature from the University of Toronto. I also have an Advanced diploma in GIS from the Center of Geographic Sciences. I am currently studying Computer Programming at Sheridan College as well as working as a Senior GIS Analyst at RMSI in North York, ON.
GIS Technician and Writer
(concealed information) Cell: (concealed information)
GIS Technician and Writer with a degree in English Literature and Geographic Information Systems from the
University of Toronto, with three years of work and writing experience.
• Working Knowledge of:
ESRI’s ArcMap 10.3, SQL, Python, HTML5,
PCI’s Geomatica, ESRI’s ArcPAD, ERDAS
• Proven problem solving skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft office Suite; Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet
• Excellent verbal and written
• Excellent clerical and administrative skills
Senior GIS Analyst(Contract), RMSI, North York, ON Nov. 2020 - Feb. 2021
• Perform data editing in ESRI and other data bases for Electric network and real estate data.
• Conduct queries and analysis for real estate data as well as develop and maintain documentation.
• Verify land surveys and legal descriptions in support of real estate transactions and other land
• Monitoring and controlling technical activities throughout the complete life-cycle of the assignment.
• Working closely with project teams & reporting manager to manage client expectations and ensure
project objectives are met. Perform data audits and quality control measures.
• Ensuring the smooth delivery of projects as specified in the project plan or Statement of Work.
Research and Mapping Officer, Crown Lands of Energy and Resource Development for
the New Brunswick Government, Fredericton, NB Aug. 2017 - Sep. 2019
• Using ESRI’s ARCmap to process land-use applications which involves creating subject area maps as
well as entering information into the land use database. Using leases to determine ownership of land.
• Creating invoices when sending grants, deeds or historical documents to clients.
• Scanning and processing large surveys into the database system.
GIS Technician, Apple via Apex, Sunnyvale, CA Oct. 2016 - Mar. 2017
• Analyze, validate and enhance data content and assemble new content for consumer applications.
• Responsible for updating training materials.
• Responsible for assisting others with daily issues that may arise.
• Report to lead with team’s daily and weekly accomplishments.
Sheridan College, Brampton ON 2022
Computer Programmer Diploma
Centre of Geographic Sciences, Lawrencetown, NS 2016
Advanced Diploma in Geographic Sciences - Specialisation in GIS
University of Toronto, ON 2015
Bachelor of Arts (Honors)
Specialist: English Literature | Major: Geographic Information Systems | Minor: Sociology
computer skills lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest HTML lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, python lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||RM40|