My teaching method is flexible, there are many ways to present teaching to students. Some learn hands on, visually, by listening, game based, student centered discussions and making connections just to name a few. I present lessons according to how the students learn best. I present my teaching in a fun, enjoyable way that makes the students want to learn more. I make my own resources like puzzles, matching vocabulary cards, bingo games with the English language, scrabble etc. At the end of the course my students speak and write closely like native english speakers do.
I studied in University Canterbury, New Zealand where I got a Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education and a Post Graduate in Teaching English as a second language. I've been teaching for the past 25 years. working in 6 different well established International schools in 6 countries. The different cultures have taught me how students feel when they are trying to learn English. I am a better teacher for these experiences.
It is 50 an hour if students come to my place and 70 if I go to the student's house to cover travelling time and petrol. (negotiable)
If Tutor or student cancels the lesson, there will be no charge, student doesn't have to pay if there is no class.
Detailed oriented teaching professional with enriched experience, reforming educational policies, devising curriculum strategies, and enhancing learning skills.
Growth-focused and performance-driven professional with extensive experience revamping educational standards by offering specialization in primary schooling. Instrumental in collaborating with professional instructors in planning and implementing productive lessons strategies to drive an inspiring and supportive learning environment in compliance with core requirements of the students. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with multi-cultural and diverse teams of faculty and staff management in achieving academic success in compliance with the mission and vision of the organization. Adept at leading cross-functional teams by executing committed professional approaches to enable the continuous school improvement and professional development of students.
Areas of Expertise
• Curriculum Development
• Program Management
• Strategic Planning / Execution • Training & Development
• Assessments & Testing
• Extra-Curricular Activities • Operations Management
• Relationship Building
• Reports & Analysis
• Human Dynamics and Leadership Training for Individual and Team Empowerment. I was sponsored by St. Christopher’s British International Primary School, Malaysia. April 2000
• Author of children’s books written in English, both fiction and educational reprinted several times
• Developed result-oriented courses and curriculums for to cater the needs and essential requirements of the special children to enhance their learning and performing capabilities.
English Teacher, International schools 2019 – 2020
Planned, formulated and delivered English lessons to foreign students in International schools in compliance with English curriculum. Crafted teaching effective material, and helping guides to assist students in learning English and improve their speaking, listening and writing skills. Evaluated students’ progress and identified areas of improvement. Implemented productive strategies to optimize student’s ability across all areas including Grammar, Comprehension, and Creative-writing.
Class Teacher, Macau Anglican College 2018 – 2019
Developed creative and productive teaching methodologies while teaching four years old students with strong concentration on their personal growth and educational development. Implemented various instructional and development strategies to extract the best educational outcomes and results. Delivered voluntary services for the noble cause by teaching English to the poor students of the community and assisted with concerts in train the children in singing and dancing.
• Enhanced teaching methodologies to derive positive confidence and learning attitude in the children.
• Crafted students’ progress reports and communicated with parents/guardians to optimize their capabilities in school as well as at home.
Pre-school teacher, European School of Central Asia, Kyrgyzstan 2016 – 2017
Developed comprehensive lesson plans according to the learning capabilities of the students and in compliance with the curriculum objectives. Derived positive and influencing learning environment in the class and prepared the resources and materials accordingly. Coordinated with the parents to discuss feedback regarding students’ progress and academic performance. Prepared reports and shared effective teaching ideas during staff meetings.
• Taught English to the foreign children in the class and ensured effective methodologies to foster the optimum learning and skill development of the students.
• Mentored the assistant and trained children for extra-curricular activities including concerts and sports-days. Performed volunteer activities by teaching the home-less children.
Grade 1 teacher, Dalat International school 2015 – 2016
Devised productive teaching schemes and out-lined easy and effective lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives. Implemented committed teaching approach to achieve knowledge growth and academic success according to the potential of each child in the class. Focused on weak children and helped them by counselling and understanding their needs to extract best out-comes. Planned and presented lessons that cater the entire range of student’s ability within the class.
• Coordinated with field-professionals and aligned resources with specific areas of the curriculum to support colleagues in delivering lessons.
• Enhanced and trained students in sports and extra-curricular activities to support their personal development as well with the education. Performed voluntary work with the refugees and migrant workers.
Academic Coordinator (Principal), Kiddie Planet Montessori pre-school 2012 – 2013
Spearheaded and directed fundamental institutional procedures in the school system that comprised a staff of 60 teachers and 250 children. Co-ordinated with the staff and faculty to foster the development of programs and ensure pleasant learning experience by aligning educational and extra-curricular according to the interests and requirements of the students. Administered overall facilities and assured the governance of managerial aspects in the right and positive direction to achieve productive results. Supervised day-to-day operations, maintained discipline and ensured safety practices for the students. Supervised numerous procedures involved in providing quality education to the orphan students.
• Delivered expertise in developing standardized curriculums, evaluating teaching methods, and training field professionals.
• Revised educational policies and encouraged parent-teacher partnerships to enhance the personal growth and professional development of the students.
Class Teacher - Little Land Montessori Kindergarten, Penang
Pre- school Teacher - Taipei European School in Taipei, Taiwan
Pre- school Teacher - KinderCare Learning Centres, Christchurch
Lower Primary Teacher - St Christopher’s British International Primary School, Penang
Bachelors in Teaching and Learning, Early Childhood Education
University of Canterbury, New Zealand
TESOL (Teaching English as a second language
University of Canterbury, New Zealand
Diploma in Montessori Education
St. Nicholas Montessori College, United Kingdom
Diploma in Journalism and Authorship
Editech, School of Journalism and Authorship United Kingdom.
I worked with Jane in Macau. Her students did very well, parents were happy with their children's progress. Jane taught me a lot, she has so much experience. You will do well with her tutoring.
Ms Jane is a very kind and understanding teacher. She does a lot of preparations to make sure student improves. She also has a lot experience and teaches really well.
Ms Jane is an excellent teacher. She is very patient and her explanations are very clear
I highly recommend her.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|