I am an enthusiastic, young and reliable teacher able to deliver lessons to anyone in primary and secondary school. Whilst my primary topic is Chemistry I have experience in teaching Maths, Physics and Biology as well.
I'm very easy going and will ensure that you have a confident grasp of the topic before moving on (I am aware of how daunting it is being left behind when struggling with a concept, it has happened to me more than I'd like to admit!)
For any more advanced students I finished top in my class at university last year so if you're up for it we can move on to much more complicated and interesting concepts
I hope that you decide to make me your tutor and I look forward to hearing from you soon
I taught for a year in China delivering over 20 hours of lessons a week to classes of over 30 pupils. Each of those lessons required a plan which I ensured contained vocational, visual and auditory lessons. This is something I intend to carry forward in all lessons and once we have worked out what kind of learner you are we can tailor the lessons appropriately.
I have also had experience with online tuition. I have helped GCSE students attain higher than expected grades (A in chemistry and B in Maths) with under 6 lessons each.
I understand what it takes to get students those one or two grades higher and hope I can help you attain similar results
Flat 18, 25 Middle Street, Brighton BN1 1AL
T: (concealed information)8 E: (concealed information)
Second year chemistry student on track to gain a high first. Well-tuned analytical, practical and communication skills honed through my degree and full-time job as an English language teacher.
Chemistry MChem, University of Sussex, 2016-2020
First year achieved: 80%
Key modules include:
Maths and Data Analysis for Chemists: 85%
Molecular Symmetry: 87%
Introduction to Materials: 79%
Reaction Energetics and Kinetics: 77%
Functional Group Chemistry: 81%
Structure Bonding and the Periodic Table: 82%
I have written multiple laboratory reports to publishable levels on a variety of experiments include organic substance identification and material stress tests. These reports included data that was put into graphs using MS Excel.
A levels, Loughborough Grammar School, 2015
Chemistry (A), Mathematics (B), Economics (B), Creative Writing (B)
Extended Project Qualification, Loughborough Grammar School, 2015
‘How Nanochemistry Has and Will Shape the World of Today, Yesterday and Tomorrow’ (B)
GCSEs, Loughborough Grammar School, 2012-13
10 GCSEs grades A*- A including Maths (A*) and English Language (A)
Foreign Language English teacher, Project Trust/Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, Zhangye, August 2015 - August 2016
After applying through Project Trust to spend a year working in China I had to progress through two selection processes on the Hebridean Isle of Coll and spent 6 months raising £5900 through a variety of charity events including a school debate and the purchasing, printing and reselling of wrist bands.
During the year I completed:
· Preparation and delivery of English language lessons to wide age range of children. Improving my organisation and confidence in public speaking
· 2 hours of Mandarin lessons a week giving me a basic understanding of Mandarin
· The preparation of an widely well-received annual public performance of students for Chinese New Year
· Hugely successful integration to local culture including the attendance of weddings, maintaining friendships and the understanding of local history.
Kitchen Assistant, The Windmill, Wymeswold, September 2014 – May 2015
Kitchen Assistant, The Hammer and Pincers, Wymeswold, December 2013 – March 2014
· Ensured all dishes were washed before they were needed for plating which refined my ability to work under pressure
· Worked with an ever changing group of people which greatly improved my teamwork skills
· Have a much richer understanding on the inner workings of a restaurant kitchen
· Performed a variety of jobs within the kitchen including ingredient preparation giving me useful culinary skills
· IT: Very competent user of all MS Office programmes, frequent user of social media
· Languages: Basic Mandarin, English
Interests and Achievements
· An avid player of rugby until 2016 due to injury
· Member of badminton club at University of Sussex
· Teaching myself Python programming
· Teaching myself German as I plan to do my PhD in Munich
· Refreshing my Mandarin skills whenever I can to ensure that no vocabulary is lost
Dr M Osborne
Department of Life Sciences
University of Sussex
The Hebridean Centre
Isle of Coll
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|