First I would like to say congratulations, if you are researching the best Pilates classes, it means that you have decided to take a class and that is a huge step forward, and it is a decision that has enormous benefits waiting for you. This is an exciting time, I hope you are ready for all of the goodness just waiting to come your way.
To give you a complete picture of Pilates we are going to delve into how to choose the best class. But before we do that you should start to think about what is it that you would like to get out of a Pilates class. As the truth is ‘the best’ is very subjective and what is excellent for one person may not be the best way for someone else.
Let’s take a closer look at Pilates and what some of your options are.
The Top Benefits Of Pilates Classes
Be prepared, because once you read this list of benefits, there will be no turning back. This is a list so epic that you might forget about which is the best class and just get to the first class you can find. But it should be mentioned that if you go to just 1 class don’t be surprised if you don’t see huge results. But if you adopt Pilates as a regular practice, the world is your oyster.
- The emphasis of Pilates is to unite the Mind and Body So that they can work together for your whole body wellness.
- Pilates is a total body workout which focuses on toning, sculpting and tightening all parts of your body.
- Another fantastic benefit is that Pilates melts fat from the body. It is a complete fat burning workout, and the results can be noticeable very quickly.
- The powerhouse is the core area of your body, between your belly button spine and pelvic bones. Pilates focuses on empowering all movement from this area. Which strengthens your abs, sculpts your hips and shapes your waist.
- Correct posture is essential in Pilates, after practising for some time you will find that your body awareness and spinal alignment have improved incredibly.
- Many Pilates exercises incorporate Stretching for your entire body, after a few classes you may notice that you have much more Flexibility.
- Pilates is for everyone! You could be a 92-year-old man or 5 girls, the program is suitable, adaptable and robust enough to be all-inclusive without any loss of these incredible
- Proper breathing is in last place, but it certainly is one of the best benefits that you will get from the regular practice of Pilates. All Pilates classes will focus heavily on breathing. The rhythm of the inhale and the exhale will guide your practice, but it will also bring extra oxygen into your body. Energizing your limbs, and creating endurance within your practice. Your breath will also dissolve stress, support you to be present in your practise and create a calm feeling within your body and mind.
Check out yoga London now.
Styles Of Pilates Class
When people normally say ‘Pilates’ they think of a fitness studio with a teacher at the front and lots of mats lying around the room. This image has become synonymous with the idea of Pilates. But there are at least 6 key styles of Pilates. Each of them shares the core principles of classical Pilates, but each has branched out and creates a different effect in the body. Depending on the goals that you have for your practice will depend on which style of class you choose.
Classical Pilates takes place in a studio environment and is run closely in line with the classical Pilates movements as they were created by Joseph Pilates. This kind of Pilates focuses on spinal alignment, posture, the core and increasing the strength within the body. The result of practising this kind of Pilates is long, lean limbs and a well-toned body.
- Perfect if you want to work on your core
- Perfect if you want strong lean limbs
- Perfect for a full body workout
- One of the most cost effective style of Pilates.
Polestar Pilates specialises in creating a personalised practice and is based upon a scientific foundation. Rehabilitation and healing of injuries are also very important. This Pilates is tailored to your needs so that you can fast-track your healing to regain full mobility of your body.
- Perfect if you have an injury that you want to focus on healing
- Great if you need a more personal approach
- Great to strengthen specific muscle groups to support your healing
Stott Pilates is an updated style of Pilates that specialises in realigning the spine. In this method, the alignment of the body is the main focus.
- Perfect for bad posture
- Great if you are a little out of shape
- Perfect if you want to improve the flexibility of your spine.
Group Reformer Pilates
This style of Pilates works on the reformer, which is a piece of large equipment developed and designed by Joseph Pilates. This can be used in very large classes or smaller ones. Using the Pilates Reformer machine can be fun but if the class is very large there may be limited attention from the Pilates teacher.
- Perfect if you want to have fun with your workout
- Perfect if you don’t need lots of attention from the Pilates instructor.
Sounds like it should be administered in a hospital but Clinical Pilates is a fusion of physiotherapy and Pilates, creating a unique kind of Pilates that uses equipment to focus on one area of the body. It lacks the holistic focus that other forms of Pilates have retained.
- Perfect if you dislike the holistic side of Pilates.
Contemporary Studio Pilates
Contemporary Pilates is run in a studio environment and is suitable for all kinds of practitioners. This style builds on the knowledge of the classical style of Pilates but also add in contemporary variations, new equipment as well as other things. This style is a fusion and is created to be flexible so that you can achieve the best result while practising.
- Perfect if you want to work on your core and burn fat
- Perfect if you want strong lean limbs
- Perfect for a full body workout
The importance of choosing a style that you enjoy and can get results form is very important as when you like your Pilates classes. You will dedicate yourself to regular sessions, which will allow you to receive the full range of benefits.
If you find that you don’t like one class don’t give up, there are lots of other choices, and often something even as simple as a change of Pilates teacher can give you a new experience.
Although there are slight differences between the styles and how Pilates is taught. All of these styles (aside from clinical) will give you exceptional results with a holistic calm. It could be great to give as many of them a try as you can and see if you can find any other styles too.
Discover the best yoga classes near me.
Location Of Different Pilates Classes
In The Studio With Group Fitness
Practising Pilates in your local gym or Pilates studio is a great way to practice a Mat Pilates or Pilates equipment class, and get support from a teacher, meet people with similar interests which can keep you motivated, get the support that practising in a group provides.
In A Private Session With A Pilates Instructor
If you decide to hire a private Pilates trainer to help you with your Pilates one on one, you will have a great time. Because you will get the full attention of a trained Pilates professional, who can really support your progress, alignment and also help you to reach your personal goals.
A Pilates Holiday Or Workshop
If you decide to get intensive with your practice, you can take a Pilates holiday or attend a workshop. This is a great way to get back on track and immerse yourself in practice. You will learn and be reminded of everything that you need to know to adopt Pilates into your daily life.
With a Pilates DVD
If you prefer to fit your Pilates practice in, around a time that suits your schedule. You could practise at home, buying a Pilates DVD is a great way to pick your instructor. Enjoy a consistent workout and so convenient, although if you are traveling, you will need to make sure that there is a DVD player at the destination.
Learn Pilates Online (Paid)
Even more convenient than DVDs, is working out with a Pilates teacher online. As long as you have access to the internet, an internet ready device and a camera. You can arrange Private online Pilates classes.
The great thing about this is that you can practise where ever you are, and you gain access to teachers worldwide. It may be marginally cheaper than live classes, and you get to stay at home.
Learn Pilates Online (Free)
The internet is full of online videos that can help you to work out. On YouTube alone, there are millions if not billions of videos that can help you have fun at home. The only difference here is that you will not have a live teacher to help you should you need it. Using this method, you need to have high levels of self-motivation and having some knowledge of Pilates would be ideal so that you understand how to keep yourself safe and to maximise the results that you are looking for.
Once you have tried a wide range of styles, you can pick which form of Pilates you feel most comfortable with. When you make that selection, this will be this style that is ‘best’ for you.
Check important information about yoga Manchester.
The platform that connects tutors and students