I use various methods and resources to suit the standard and background of my students. So I have used songs, raps, poems, news articles, blogs, articles , movies and literary texts that are relevant. Presently I am using Zoom and Google Drive to conduct classes .
I am a retired school teacher who taught English to adolescents in a public school for 30 years. I am at present an oral examiner of an international English assessment test who also conducts IELTS and IGCSE English workshops and classes.
The best teacher inspires and motivates. It is therefore my philosophy and practice to not just teach and guide students according to the curriculum but to motivate and challenge them to self-learning and self-improvement.
Classroom Management Skills
• Thirty years’ experience teaching English, Geography and General Paper for Form 1 to Form 6 students in public schools
• Conducted IELTS workshops for IDP Education Kuala Lumpur
• Used computer for various teaching methods, as resources as well as teaching tool
• Conduct English lessons and IELTS workshops via Zoom
• Manage students through various clubs and societies
• Manage teachers in my capacity as Head of English Department and Head of Language Department
• Good knowledge of computer skills: Word, Powerpoint, Zoom, Google drive
CERTIFICATES & MEMBERSHIPS
• Certified IELTS EXAMINER since 2002
• Certified UKVI IELTS and LIFESKILL EXAMINER since 2016
• Diploma in Education
• Bachelor of Arts (Hons)
• University of Malaya: Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Second Class Upper: Majored in English Literature
• University of Malaya: Diploma in Education (TESL & Geography)
Upon graduation, I was assigned to a public secondary school where I taught English and Geography to Forms 4 and 5 (equivalent to Years 11 & 12) and General Paper to Form 6 students. I taught for 30 years in various schools throughout the country and retired from teaching in public schools in 2010. I started as a part time IELTS EXAMINER in 2002 and upon retirement continued with this part time work. I am now attached to IDP Education Kuala Lumpur as a certified IELTS examiner. I am also a shared examiner with the British Council, Kuala Lumpur. (I test at both IELTS exam centres)
1. HIGH SCHOOL MUAR, JOHOR (1980 – 1983)
My first teaching post where I learnt to apply skills picked up from my course. A significant achievement was my involvement with the school swimming team as an assistant coach, a sport which the school excelled in.
2. TELUK PANGLIMA GARANG SECONDARY SCHOOL, TP GARANG, SELANGOR (1984 – 1988)
A rural school where I had to learn to adapt my teaching techniques to suit the low English proficiency level of the students.
3. BUKIT BINTANG (BOYS) SECONDARY SCHOOL, PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR (1989 - 1996)
Most memorable achievement was training the school debating team to become the national level champion in the inter school debating competition.
4. LUNAS SECONDARY SCHOOL, LUNAS, KEDAH (1997-1998)
Besides teaching, I was given the opportunity to head the afternoon session and took up administrative duties. My memorable moments here was handling a Remove Class and being blessed with a very appreciative class.
5. DAMANSARA JAYA SECONDARY SCHOOL, PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR. (1999 – 2010)
I headed the English Department which was the pride of the school, excelling not only in the subject but also winning inter school competitions at state and national levels for debating, public speaking, choral speaking and drama. My last position was as Head of Language in this school. The English Department has continued this legacy of excellence till today.
In my spare time, I conduct English classes via zoom for refugee children at a local refugee centre. I also love to travel.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest written comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written expression - english lessons for all!
Taking IELTS lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|