I am very particular with the small details such as grammatical and spelling errors. I can help you understand the simple to the most complex rules of grammar. We can work together to write short stories, news report and articles.
I am an English teacher by profession, with more than 7 years of teaching experience in international schools. I hold a Bachelor's Degree of Education majoring in TESL, Post Graduate Diploma majoring in Education and also TESOL/TEFL certificate. Choose me!
My rates vary depending on the students' level. I will be checking on students' proficiency level during my trial class to decide their language ability. However, I still negotiate on the rates to make both parties happy and satisfied.I only do Online tuition at the moment for our safety. Cancellation of class MUST be made at least ONE day before the scheduled class. If the cancellation is MADE on the day of the class, the fee will be charged as usual for the day.
*EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS*
World TESOL Academy (July 2020 – August 2020)
120-Hour TESOL/TEFL Certificate
University College Fairview (UCF) (August 2017 – June 2019)
Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
University of Selangor (UNISEL) (July 2008 – June 2012)
Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
Faculty Staff |Fairview International School (IB World School) (August 2013 – June 2015, January 2017- April 2020)
• Homeroom Teacher– looked after the well-being of my students by instilling discipline in the classroom and by promoting the ideals of the IB Learner Profile Attributes
• Subject Teacher (English) – responsible for implementing the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme in the class with regard to planning, teaching and assessing student’s learning; prepared the unit planner and daily lesson plans; designed and marked students’ assessments; reflected and evaluated teaching and learning processes and engagements; collaborated with other teachers for interdisciplinary integration of skills
• English Language Support Teacher – carried out placement tests for students whose first language is not English in order to determine their level of weakness in the language and to group them according to phases (Phase 1- Very weak, Phase 2 - Moderately week, Phase 3- Generally weak); used differentiated teaching strategies such as individual, pair and group work, Translanguaging, Total Physical Response (TPR), Community Language Learning (CLL), flashcards, substitution drills and also teaching materials suited for visual, auditory and kinaesthetic learners
• Co-curricular Activities Coordinator – responsible for the promotion and the implementation of co-curricular programmes such as the sports, languages and the arts among students in the school
• World Scholar’s Cup Trainer and Coordinator – responsible for training and preparing student delegates for the WSC Regional and Global Rounds, and Tournament of Champions.
Faculty Staff |Real International School Johor (December 2015 – 2016)
• Hometutor – responsible for the discipline of my students to ensure all instructions are followed accordingly; meets all students at contact time every morning where objectives and aims for the day and week will be discussed according to the plan set initially; complies with ISO requirements in attendance and students’ record
• Subject Teacher (English) – Prepared Year 9 students for Cambridge Checkpoint Examinations and Year 10 & 11 IGCSE ESL Extended students for IGCSE exams by equipping them with the necessary knowledge and skills and by familiarising with them the format and answering techniques of the examinations; wrote, prepared and submitted daily lesson plans, created and designed exam papers.
• Secondary Co-curricular Facilitator (Football)– responsible for ISO documentation which includes attendance, scheme of work, activity and objectives of the club; ensures students’ participation in the practices; sets target weekly; responsible for preparing lesson plan in accordance to the scheme of work under ISO regulation
English Tutor| A to Z Language Centre (September 2012 – December 2017)
• Taught Japanese adults the basics of the English language.
• Monitored the development of each student in their conversational skills.
• Exposed students to new strategies and practices in their mastery of the basics of the English language.
English Lecturer| Olympia College-Johor Bahru (December 2012 – May 2013)
• Lectured college students ages 21 and above.
• Created Scheme of Work (SOW) for Intensive English Programme on a semestral basis.
• Hosted weekly meetings with fellow colleagues about performance and progress of teachers.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||RM65|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||RM325|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||RM650|