I am a qualified Native Spanish language trainer with 15 years experience!. I have worked with students in diverse populations and am dedicated to helping you learn at your own pace and level. The lessons are fun, engaging, dynamic and most of all useful for everyday communication!
I am a certified spanish instructor and master in school psychology.
I have more than 15 yrs of experience teaching children and adults spanish. I have experience working as an individual tutor or teaching in a class of 25 students. I workend in Costa Rica and USA teaching español.
I can help you with the following:
Vocabulary, including Idioms & Slang
rate vary based on my travel distance
• Master in Child Psychology. UNED, CR. Graduation Date: March 2018.
• B.S., Psychology Sede del Oeste University UACA. , CR. 2005 (Graduated with honors)
• Licentiate Degree in Psychology Sede del Oeste University UACA. , CR. 2009
Registrations and Certificates:
• Incorporated to the Costa Rica Professional Psychologist College 2007
• Active Member of Red De Prevención y Atención De Violencia Intrafamiliar 2012 Belen, Costa Rica
• CARTUS Spanish Instructor
Recent Experience Summary:
Saint Margaret School, Heredia (Feb.07- 2015), School Psychologist of 420 students (Preschool, Elementary and High School)
• Work in close conjunction with interdisciplinary team, parents, teachers, principals,administrators and specialists on helping children succeed in their academic curriculum within school settings by developing and implementing tailored plans to each case.
• Diagnose student needs and make recommendations or referrals
• Assessment for the students in Kindergarten moving to First Grade elementary to determine services and accommodations.
• Supervise and help develop the implementation of significant and non-significant curricular accommodations for students with learning difficulties, and advised teachers and parents during the process.
• Develop, implement, and evaluate behavior intervention plans.
• Participated in Intervention and Referral Services meetings
• Work with students from 1st to 9th grade one hour a week in the classrooms on issues related to self esteem and social skills development.
• Introduce and enforce the schools´s anti bullying policy.
• Administrate and evaluate placement tests in the admissions process, and form part of the admissions committee.
• School for parents: workshops for parents once a month in the school different topics related to the students needs.
• Educated family and staff on specific learning and mental health disorders
• Worked as the Preschool Coordinator from Feb 2009- Feb 2012
Other Past and Present Experience:
• Spanish Instructor in Anchorage ALASKA March 2015-present
Advanced Level (Adults)
Intermediate Level (Adults)
Teach Spanish for the youth Program in JBER 2015 to ages 5-7, 8-10, 11-14.
• Private Practice (2009-2015) Assessment and treatment of psychological and personality disorders in adults, families and children in Costa Rica
• CARTUS Spanish and English Language Trainer (2006-present)
• Plan and implement lesson plans in Spanish and english curriculum
• Instill concepts of the Spanish language by introducing interactive activities
• Use structural methods and materials appropriate for instruction success
• Assess student accomplishments and work with them on weak areas
• English Tutor for children with learning disabilities ( 2000- present)
• Western Union Financial Services Intl (Feb. 2006- Oct. 2006) Basildon Dep. Customer Service
• Educational Center SER. ( Feb. 2002- November 2004) Head teacher of children with intellectual disabilities and Autism.
• Saint Margaret School, Heredia (July 2000- Dec 2001), Teacher of Corporal Expression Assistant of the English teachers of Kindergarten
• Los Sueños Marriott Hotel, Herradura Beach ( Dic 99- May 2000) At Your Service Department- Front Desk
Volunteer -Perpetuo Socorro Church in Counseling (Adults, children)
Volunteer- Los Anonos in Counseling (Teenagers and children)
• Ventas y Mercadeo (Sales and Marketing) / Universidad Nacional . 2005
• Seminar of Psychoanalytic Clinic and Addictions. Dr. Santiago Calabrese, 2001
• Seminar of Label and Protocol, 2001
• Seminar of Say it Directly. Paniamor Foundation, Program of Prevention to the Violence. 2000
• Seminar of Infantile Abuse. University of Costa Rica 2004
• Seminar: "Asperger's Disorder & Autism: Advances in Understanding and Interventions" University of Costa Rica 2006
• Phsycological First Aid in Impact of natural disasters. Belen, Costa Rica. 2008
• Advanced First Aid/CPR. Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica. 2008
• Applying Multiple Intelligence. Expreso Bibliogrfico de CR. 2008
• Drug Addiction. IAFA Costa Rica 2009.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent computer/ Internet Experience (Competent in basic PC applications)
• English 98% (writing/reading/verbal)
• Introduction to Language Structure
• Teaching and Writing Spanish
• Assessment Evaluation and Placement
• Asesoramiento Turstico Costarricense R.L.A.T.C.R.L Dic. 99
• Professional Make- up Course .IECSA .2003
• Thai massage Course IECSA. 2016
• Bamboo Massage IECSA 2016
• Giros TV National Program channel 6. Limites en nuestros hijos July,2009
• Giros TV National Program Chanel 6. Porque los niños se saltan etapas August, 2009
• Giros TV National Program Chanel 6. Bullying en las aulas. 2010.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|