I have recently graduated from King's College London with a BSc degree in Medical Physiology with First class Honors, I have been a top student with great performance and hard work. As well as one of the top ten students in my country (Libya) in high school. I conducted my final year project with British Heart Foundation in their Cardiology department laboratories in London. I have a strong passion for physiology and biology with a solid knowledge and great understanding of body systems such as digestive, respiratory, cardiovascular, reproductive, endocrine, nervous, metabolic and renal systems. Also I strong background about specific topics like muscles, cancer, cell biology, cell signalling and our bodies responses to extreme environments such as high altitude, high and low temperatures, diving, space and resuscitation. I have practical experience in western blotting, immunostaining, immunoblotting and cell culturing. The way I teach focuses on making sure that the student understands the topic and not memorizing it only. This is achieved by using examples and simplifying the complex information to be able to grasp it. I am a very patient teacher and take into consideration that some topics are harder than others and people have different abilities to learn.
I am used to helping other students with understanding the topics they struggle with. Teaching is something that I love because it is a rewarding career and very beneficial socially. I am good at explaining concepts with a smart and interactive approach. And to make sure that the student got the point I test them in it and explain more if needed. Being a student for almost 17 years I know how to students think and what is best to do to learn quickly and effectively. I used to work as a chef assistant at Wright brothers Soho restaurant in Piccadilly Circus, Customer and sales services assistant at Unite student for few months. I have strong communication and organisational skills. Able to deal with people with different attitudes and backgrounds. I'm easy going, friendly and sociable person.
my rates are negotiable depending on the student level, location, budget and time.
Education and Qualifications
2014-2017 BSc Medical Physiology, King’s college London, 1st class with
• Dissertation: Use of puromycylation as a new method to detect hypertrophy in cardi-ac cells.
• Succeeded in conducting this highly competitive project with British Heart Founda-tion.
2013-2014 Foundation of Pharmacy and Sciences, Bellerbys College, Brighton
• An overall of 89%.
• Chemistry (97%), Physiology (96%), Computer and Information Technology (94%), Cell Biology (92%), Statistics for Scientists (88%), English skills (80%) and Pure Maths 1 (78%).
2012-2013 English language Course, EC Brighton, Brighton.
• IELTS score (7.5).
2007-2010 Life Sciences, Zliten Secondary School, Libya
• 11 subjects with an overall percentage of 97.84%.
• Ranked top tenth in Libya and granted a scholarship to study in the UK.
Aug 2016-Oct 2016 Chef Assistant, Wright Brothers Soho, London.
• Pre-preparation of ingredients of high-in-demand dishes ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Working in an environment with people from different backgrounds and ages.
• Gained an open understanding of people with different attitudes and needs.
June 2016- Aug 2016 Event Support Staff, Sherpa, London.
• Tasks differ including setup and behind the scenes support, event crew, logistic support porters, drivers, bar backs and marquee crew.
• Acquired organisational and travel planning skills by working different hours in various locations in and outside London.
• Established a rapport with clients and team leaders.
Oct 2015 - Feb 2016 Customer Service and Sales Assistant, Unite students, London.
• Multitasking in a lively environment and balance between admin tasks, events and sales.
• Providing a welcoming front of house reception service to ensure the students always feel at home.
• On hand answering questions, solve problems and keep the property running smoothly.
• Responding effectively and decisively to customer complaints and disputes.
• Used initiative and enthusiasm to provide best service to residents.
• Further development of time management.
Jan 2013 -Mar 2013 Patient Care Assistant, Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton.
• Feeding patients and help them change their clothes and go to the toilet.
• Close insight into how the patients are treated and followed up daily.
• Talking to them and keeping them company during their stay in the hospital.
• Ability to deal with people with different conditions and attitudes.
Jul 2012-Aug 2012 Sales assistant, Martlets Hospice, Brighton.
• I helped sorting out donations including clothes and furniture
• Price donations and present them in a good way for selling.
• Organisational and marketing skills in addition to customer service and money handling experience.
Mar 2012- May 2012 Book seller, Oxfam Bookshop, Brighton.
• Customer service experience and communication skills while taking responsibility for organising the shop and pricing books.
Rewards and Achievements
• Won the Cheesman Prize as the best second year student in the department of Physiology at King’s College London in 2016.
• Granted a scholarship to conduct my final year laboratory project with British Heart Foundation in cardiology department.
• My secondary school final exam results were ranked tenth in Libya.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physiology lessons for all!
Taking microbiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|