- Hourly rate RM92
- Response Time 24h
This teacher is currently unavailable
Passionate Educator With Proven Results of Continually Helping Students Reach Their Goals!
- at her home
- at your home
About the lesson
1302 Grassy HillCourt
Hanahan, South Carolina, 29401
CLUB Z IN-HOME TUTORING COMPANY, PHOENIX, AZ
Tutor, Sep 2011 - Present
· Create tailor made sessions geared to each individual students needs.
· Assist students with areas of academic difficulty by using an array of teaching resources and real-world examples.
· Encourage students who have low self-esteem concerning their academic abilities and experience their grades increasing at least three letter grades!
· Demonstrate effective study skill strategies for students to enable them to be academically successful outside of tutoring.
· Build strong relationships with students and their families-taking time to always keep up to date on what, if any, concerns parents and students continue to have concerning both tutoring and otherwise.
· Go above and beyond with each and every student/family on how to help them soar academically and show them what they are capable of.
· Maintain the upmost, highest professional standards as an education professional.
· Combine a mix of passion, patience and humor to help students achieve their goals.
TUTOR DOCTOR, PHOENIX, AZ
Tutor, Nov 2012 - Present
· Work with students of all ability and grade levels, in a majority of subject areas.Specialities are in the areas of Reading/Language Arts, History, and the Sciences.
· Demonstrate for students in a number practical ways, how to solve any given problem.
· Use of multi-media teaching resources to accommodate each students needs.
· Implement proven routines that have helped each student to come up in their grades substantially.
OXFORD LEARNING, PHOENIX, AZ
Assistant Teacher, Sep 2011 - May 2012
· Taught and instructed Eighth students in a 21st Century, After School Academy Program in Mathematics.
· Administered assessment testing.
· Administered exams on an on-going basis relating to current Math unit.
· Allowed students to utilize multi-media Math games and learning websites.
EXPLORERS IN LEARNING, PHOENIX, AZ
Lead Preschool Teacher, May 2010 - Sep 2011
· Developed weekly curriculum that was age appropriate for my PreSchool class of 24 students.
· Arranged and organized the classroom centers and supplies in an appropriate way for optimal and maximum learning for the Preschool aged student.
· Oversaw and delegated tasks to co-lead and assistant classroom staff members to ensure efficient classroom management.
· Sought continuously for new ways to be creative with curriculum to keep students engaged and experience learning as a fun experience.
· Attended and received multiple Early Childhood training sessions during in-services provided by the Early Learning Center.
· Completed Parent/School communication forms on a daily basis, informing the students parents what their child learned that day and other incidental notes and items, such as whether their child had their school snack/ meals and whether there were any behavioral issues pertaining to their child.
Assistant Pre-K Teacher, Aug 2010 - Sep 2010
· Assisted the lead Pre-Kindergarten Teacher with curriculum development and facilitation.
· Executed daily academic goals, under the directives of the Lead Teacher.
· Maintained appropriate State and Center mandated classroom regulations for the safety of all of our students.
· Developed and taught specific units of curriculum, as requested by the lead teacher.
· Completed end of day school-home communications.
· Monitored and interacted with students during playground recess time.
· Served breakfast, lunch and snacks to students where and when applicable.
DEER VALLEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT, DEER VALLEY, AZ
Paraprofessional, Aug 2008 - May 2009
· Worked closely with Special Needs students with a variety of challenges ,both academically and Socially/emotionally, to assist them according to the needs each had, as well as, with IEP team members.
CAVE CREEK UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT, CAVE CREEK , AZ
Paraeducator II, Nov 2007 - Aug 2008
· Assisted students with learning, physical, social/emotional and psychological challenges.
· Helped each student to meet the goals as outlined in their IEP
· Prepared classroom materials to be used the following week.
· Kept the classroom in a tidy, organized and safe environment.
· Assisted with community screenings for potential incoming students.
· Received in-service trainings on a number of issues that affected our students, such as TBI(Traumatic Brain Injury), Seizure Disorders(understanding the different kinds and appropriate responses to them therein) Crisis Intervention Training(safely restraining a child that could be a danger to themselves or others.
JUDSON SCHOOL, PARADISE VALLEY, AZ
High School Diploma, May 1997
SCOTTSDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, SCOTTSDALE, AZ
Associate of Arts, May 2003
WALTER CRONKITE SCHOOL OF JOURNALISM AND MASS COMMUNICATION, TEMPE, AZ
Bachelor of Arts, Dec 2005
RIO SALADO COLLEGE, TEMPE, AZ
CERTIFIED INTERIOR DECORATORS INTERNATIONAL, STUART, FL
Interior Decorating, Oct 2016 - Dec 2016
QVC DESIGN SCHOOL, LOS ANGELES , CA
ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, PHOENIX, AZ
Substitute Teaching Certificate
· Applebaum Early Childhood Training Institute Certificate
- General knowledge
I have been giving Lessons for the past decade to over 100 students to date both in the classroom setting and in private tutorials.Among successes have been having several return students keep me as their private tutor, in particular among them is a student that I have had since he was in grade 2 who struggled terribly in Reading and Writing and had a poor self-esteem.Fast forward, the same student is now in 7th grade and is soaring academically and personally.My student has been on the Principals List for the last few years in a row and is more confident then I have ever seen him.Ive also had other examples of success stories whereby my student, after our time of working together, went on to be elected to not only the JHS but has now inducted into the NHS and been selected to be part of a very prestigious STEM program!
- 5h: RM460
- 10h: RM920
- + RMRM24