My teaching method with a topic a student has already covered is to ask them which topics they struggle with the most. I would focus on these, explaining them until they understand and then give practice questions to work out which areas still need work.
I am a music and academic scholar, with grade 8 cello. I got nine 9's and one 8 in my GCSE's, with 9's in all sciences and maths. I help people in my house with subjects they struggle with and really enjoy it as it's so rewarding.
• GCSE’s: Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History, French, Spanish, Music, English language, English literature – (concealed information) respectively
• I’m currently studying International Baccalaureate. I’m taking Higher Level Maths, Biology and Chemistry and am predicted 7,7,7. My standard level subjects are History, English and French and I am predicted 7,7,6 respectively.
• Waitress, 10/2019 to now - Blackbird Cafe, Chapel Row, Berkshire
o I’ve greeted and served customers in a timely and friendly manner
o I’ve operated and maintained cleaning equipment.
o I’ve calculated charges, issued bills and collected payments which have improved my organisation and skills at working quickly and efficiently under pressure.
• School project for sustainability – The Phoenix Project
o Instagram – thephoenixproject2020
o Website - (concealed information)
o A small group of LVI pupils set up a sustainability project for a UN Global Goals competition and we went through to the semi-finals.
o I’ve managed the finances of the project, by setting up a bank account, making a spreadsheet to record sales and keeping track of how much we are spending to keep the project running.
o Being part of this project has improved my collaborative skills and teamwork, as well as leadership skills when I organised a pop-up shop at school for our launch event, which was very successful and raised awareness around the school.
o I’ve looked after toddlers during the day, this has shown my patience and also inventiveness at coming up with games to keep them entertained.
• I’m took my grade 8 cello last term; this has really helped with my perseverance as it was a lot of consistent work to make sure I got to the level I needed to. I have a music scholarship and recently did a presentation on how DNA can be interpreted as music for the other scholars, I loved doing the research for this as it combined two things I really enjoy and showed an entirely new way of looking at living things, my academic scholarship also helped with developing this presentation.
• Four-day work experience at Pfizer. I learnt about the drug development process and about all the different roles in the company.
• Sport is a large part of my life, especially cross country and being in the 1st team for tennis; this has given me perseverance as it can take a while to improve small things, as well as commitment to increasing my knowledge on the subject and applying it to my training.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||RM88|