- Hourly rate RM169
- Response Time 1h
- Number of students 4
1st lesson belanja!
University student in London teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) to all levels
- Greater London
About the lesson
The first session is free of charge, as I assess which areas need focus. From then, each lesson is tailored to your needs and as frequently or sporadically as you would like. I am happy to help with anything that will facilitate your learning best.
I put effort into curating the best lesson for you and your learning style. Textbooks do the job to a basic level but I believe teaching must be focussed around the reason you have chosen to learn English in order to bring the language to life so that it resonates and makes the learning come more naturally.
The general structure of my teaching is as follows:
- Prioritise the strength of your understanding and knowledge of fundamental grammar and sentence construction. This is the foundation of your learning - if there are any gaps in your knowledge or you are out of practice, this will make building on it very difficult.
- Find a way of working into the lessons the reason why you chose to learn. If it is because you have just moved here, would conversational practice be of use to you? If it is for your job, is there particular vocabulary you would like to learn?
- For advanced students/Once you have a strong understanding of the language, I believe active learning is the most effective to really cement everything you have learnt so far. I will work with you through comprehension practices and ask you to write some paragraphs so that we can fine tune your knowledge.
- Vocabulary - English
- ESOL (English)
- Written comprehension - English
Written expression - English
I have over 5 years of tutoring experience in both Maths and English Literature as studied at IGCSE/A Level and also spent 6 months in Barcelona tutoring English as a foreign language to all levels (A1-C2). Since moving back home to London, I have taught several students continuously as well as working with students over a few sporadic lessons to help them overcome a particular trouble that they'd had with the language.
The longest I have been working with a student is 8 years, as I started tutoring her Maths and English for her 11+ exams and at the end of our time working together we successfully got her an A* in both Mathematics and English Literature A Levels in 2019!
Perfect! She is really professional and focused person. Before starting to give me lessons, she called me to know my English level, my preferences, my issues with the language, etc. She prepares every class paying attention your weakness or the things you have to work harder. She not just teaches you grammar, pronuntiation or vocabulary, but also th best way to express yourself, to speak English properly. Moreover, her way to teach is entertaining, interesting and unique. I really recommend her as an English teacher.
- Talitha's response : Debora is a very studious and conscientious learner and has been an absolute pleasure to teach. She is very receptive to feedback and works hard to correct herself when she notices a mistake. She has made huge progress with her grammar and vocabulary in such a short period of time. Keep working on pronunciation and sentence construction and you will be sounding like a native in no time!
See more reviews
- 5h: RM819
- 10h: RM1581
- + RMRM5